Saturday, May 5, 2012

Second Place For My Boys

While I was at sea, my two favorite football (that's soccer for my American friends) players had big matches going for the championship.  When I arrived home tonight I was able to finally watch the matches. 


In England....

Manchester United, my favorite team in the English Premiere League and my co-favorite player Wayne Rooney lost to Manchester City last Monday.  The two teams are now tied for first in the standings, but City has the tie break edge over United on goals scored on the season by eight.  So unless City stumbles in its last two games, they will edge out my boy Rooney and United as champions.  

Meanwhile in Australia....
 

He continued to play until late in the match with a bandage over his face, but he was obviously not able to play at his full strength and his team lost to the Brisbane Roar 2-1. He recently had plastic surgery to repair the damage.  I wish him well and hopefully next year he finally get the championship to add to his great career.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sexy men.

Anonymous said...

I watched the match where Shane got smashed in the face. It was bloody awful. Really bloody awful.

Anonymous said...

second place is better than last.