Monday, May 2, 2011

Death Of A Madman

Woke up this morning to the news that US Forces found and killed Osama Bin Laden. I'm watching online the crowds in the US out in the street waving flags and chanting USA. This must be what it felt like to hear the news of Hitlers death, which ironically was also announced to the world on the first of May.


I can't help but think of all the innocent people who died because of his actions. He caused the death of many, not only on September 11th, but also all of the other terrorist attacks in Africa and the Middle East and the wars that continue.




Former President George W. Bush
Earlier this evening, President Obama called to inform me that American forces killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of the al Qaeda network that attacked America on September 11, 2001. I congratulated him and the men and women of our military and intelligence communities who devoted their lives to this mission. They have our everlasting gratitude. This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001. The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done.



Jack Lynch, 75, who lost his son, New York City firefighter Michael Francis Lynch
"The first thought I had in my mind was that it didn't bring my son back. You cut the head off a snake, you'd think it would kill the snake. But someone will take his place. People like him still exist. The fact that he's gone is not going to stop terrorism."

"I understand that bin Laden was an evil person. He may have believed in what he was doing. I'm not going to judge him. I'm sure some people will look at this and they'll be gratified that he's dead, but me personally, I'm going to leave his fate in God's hands."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

One less madman in the world. Yet sadly another is probably already taking his place.

David said...

OMG! I just woke up and was checking your blog as I usually do and saw this post. I had not heard of this news and that photo, oh my. Glad he is dead. Maybe the wars will end soon.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't be more proud than to see this fucker dead.

Anonymous said...

May his victims find some peace.

Anonymous said...

He will be placed by another, yet it's very important to show that there's no place to hide from justice.

Brian said...

Mark Twain said it best " I never wish a man dead, but there are some obituaries I read with great pleasure".

Anonymous said...

I was away when the news broke that Bin Laden was killed from the CNN news channel and I am afaid the American people are relishing his death in a too celebratory way...
I hope there will be no revenge attck on the USA for this!!!!